Sunday, September 7, 2008

Treasures Found

It was a great day at the flea market, although I could have used a flash light this morning. It was much darker than normal, but after about 15 minutes, I could finally see. Maybe I should invest in a miner helmet. :) I found an incredible piece that we will be taking into Vignettes for next weekends Open House/Soiree , so will have to hold back on showing it here. I will tell you this..it is the oldest piece I have ever found! I believe it dates to the Victorian era. I had to make the deal quickly because there were 4 dealers lined up with the money if I didn't take it..I think I did pretty well under the pressure. :) I even had one follow me to my car to see it close up!

I picked up a few other goodies and you can click the image to enlarge.

A large oval plaque with cherubs & birds


Handfuls of vintage jewelry for crafting



A neat old handled tin with a Chinese Emperor and his lady friends

A cherub chalk ware statue will be on eBay this evening.


The cutest little chairs that were made from an old can! You can see the bottom of the chair still has the embossing on the lid. The ornate back, arms and legs are also made from a metal can. Does anyone know how old these might be? I don't know how the artist curls the metal into scrolls, but I think it's pretty amazing! Loved the color on the upholstered seats.


Not so sure if I can part with these little chairs just yet...I know, I'm a bad girl.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love all your goodies Nancy!! Did you go to Irvine today?

Love the chairs... I would keep them!!!

See you soon... I am gonna be at Vignettes on Mon. to start painting my booth for the party!!


See you soon!
Joy~

Amy said...

wow! Great finds girl...and the online shop arrivals;) you're doing fabulous! Keep it up! xo

Patina said...

It looks like you did real good!
I don't know the date on the chairs. I picked up some pieces too. They were made from cans, it is pretty amazing what they did with a can.

Michele said...

Oooooohhh Nancy, I love your vintage jewelry!! You got some awesome finds and can't wait to see what your other find was!

Hugz,
Michele

A Wild Thing said...

I can't wait to see the old Victorian piece...great finds, love the chairs...don't know the age either, but if aluminum, they are probably from the 60's, tin, maybe the 30's...don't know fer sure.

Hope things are picking up in your new booth and you're making lots-o-moolah!!!

I'll call Barb tomorrow about the scarf...talk at cha soon.

s

Unknown said...

wow! you got some great goodies.....love that cherub plaque and the jewelry.....and those chairs are too cute!