Monday, June 15, 2009

The Surprise



We pulled it off! We celebrated Mom's 80th birthday
with a surprise party this past Sunday.


Hosted by my sweet niece Dana and husband Alan in their beautiful Temecula home. The theme was Italian, with a menu that included Lasagne, Lemon Chicken, homemade Focaccia bread, and salad.

Dana...she's one of those lucky ones that can NEVER take a bad picture. I think it was unanimous...she will use this one for the cover of her future cookbook. Lol.....

Sangria!


And for dessert? Chocolate cake, lemon cake and a cheesecake. Did I mention this family loves their desserts? Okay, so I had a taste of each...it was too hard to choose one! She did a fantastic job as she loves to entertain and definitely has the space for it as you can see in these photos.


I seriously want this kitchen island but I think
it might be bigger than my kitchen. :(




Dancing on the back patio. Aunt Betty gives lesson to Megan, or was it the other way around? That little girl can dance!

I had not seen my Mother dance since our wedding 20 years ago.
It made me smile.


Reminiscing over old photos....


Grandma swinging...
Grandpa gone wild!




Mom in the 1940's


Cutie Patootie Bella. :) One of 3 great grandchildren present.

It was a great day and as much as she told us months ago that she DID NOT want a party, we gave her one anyway and I think she loved every minute of it. :)


Mom with her 5 little chickens.

4 comments:

Allidink said...

How fun! That is a great kitchen :) All my family lives in Temecula! LOL. Those photos of her are great! I just found an old photo of my grandparents from the 50s..such cute outfits back then lol.

All the best,
Allison

Cottage Way of Life said...

Happy, happy birthday to your mom! It looks like it was a grand party.

And many thanks for the kind well-wishes for my mom who is doing much better. :)

Unknown said...

looks like you had a wonderful day. WOW.....all you sisters look alike.

Amy said...

oh bud those black and whites are so awesome of your ma and pa! what a great looking bunch and fun party! xo