Friday, April 8, 2011

21


Having a child turning 21 makes one stop and think. It really doesn't seem like yesterday that she was taking her first steps, but time does seem to pass much quicker the older I get. Love my girl for so many reasons. She's strong, intelligent, independent and definitely has a mind of her own. She has had a few curve balls thrown her way at a young age, and I'm proud of the way she has handled herself. She's a homebody, and I have the feeling she'll be around for awhile. And I'm okay with that. We're two peas in a pod..going junking together every chance we get. Yes, she inherited the collecting gene and was recently bitten with the entrepreneur bug. Selling on eTsy has been an exciting new adventure for her. I'm just a wee bit proud that she has an eye for finding clothing and accessories to list in her online eTsy store. She even sold this beautiful Italian Maxi dress last week to an actress in LA..she was so excited and I was so happy for her :) So hard for her to let go of some pieces like this, but she's learning that this is the the way it is when you are a finder and not a keeper. Although on peek in her closet and I'm beginning to wonder..

So for her 21st birthday, she doesn't want much. Just a trip to the Rose Bowl in Pasadena to do some treasure hunting. Wish us luck! But first, it's out to lunch and dinner on Saturday for that very first celebratory drink. I'm sure she'll proudly display that I.D. when asked.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is hard to believe your "Little" girl has turned 21! Happy Birthday Jenna ~ hope it was a good one and hope you did not like the drink too much! lol
Your girl is beautiful in so many ways! I wish her luck on all her ventures. And time is passing WAY too quickly!

Anonymous said...

Love that dress! So beautiful! Happy Birthday Miss 21...have fun celebrating!
Smiles,
Heather

Lisa Johnson said...

Happy 21st to your lovely daughter! Goes so fast. Can't believe my baby girl is 17. Have a wonderful time at the flea tomorrow. Wish I could be there junking with you! Maybe next time I plan a visit down there we can go together.
XO,
Lisa