Sunday, December 13, 2009

Matilda's Mouse Barn Sale

We finally made it up to Matilda's Mouse, and I must say. It was SO worth the 45 minute drive. Heck, I would have driven 2 hours plus to see it all...maybe even just to see Matilda's sweet face.

From the minute we drove through the gated entrance, we let out a collective sigh as we scanned the old Betty Crocker estate. Kandi quickly announced she would trade her Coronado beach house for this place! As we entered the barn doors, Matilda..the perfect little angel, was perched on a turquoise throne. Matilda is the official greeter, and today she was wearing angel wings and a halo. She was even more adorable as I had imagined she'd be, and really didn't seem to care that everyone was cooing and making over her. She's used to it. :) Matilda must think that everyone comes to see her, not the barn FULL of treasures!
So on to the treasure trove inside the barn. I wish I had taken more pictures, but I will be sharing the items and vignettes that tickled my fancy.

I wanted so many things, but like most of the collectors reading this, we really don't NEED a thing, so we look and try to imagine how we would fit just one more thing in our home...or store.

What we did come away with was a charming little column that will be perfect at the end of our shop counter. It will be a jewelry stand once we have a more secure base attached so it won't tip. I picked up a cute burlap table runner, trimmed in lace and a darling headband which will be tucked into my girl's stocking. That was all I left with for myself, BUT it could have been much more! I wanted so many things, and I am looking forward to the next sale. upcoming sales. Nobody can put a show on these gals at Matilda's, so don't miss out on future events.

So we packed up our goods...the birdcage stand and column barely fit. Shall we rent a U-Haul next time girls? Photos are on the way so check back soon!

No comments: