Friday, April 9, 2010

I Can Hardly Believe It...


We don't have a teenager anymore..Jenna turned 20 today. I took this photo of her last August with her baby girl, Ms. Sophie, given to her for her 10th birthday. BEST birthday present EVER! :) I was surprised and a bit embarrassed to discover that this is the latest picture I have of Jenna. I guess that's what happens when we get so busy with work, school, life..time just gets away from us, doesn't it? That and the fact that she really does avoid getting her picture taken. I do love this one though because at the time, she didn't even know I was taking it.

Together, we prepared french toast for her birthday breakfast with to die for Dudley's Louisiana Pecan Maple bread, fresh mango and banana slices. We'll be going out to dinner at our favorite Thai restaurant, Swaddee in Coronado. My friend Tasna is the owner and does a lot of the cooking. If you are ever in Coronado, I highly recommend it!

Jenna wanted to make her own birthday dessert...this sinful treat: Chocolate Caramel Tart I'll let you know how it is..after I come out of my sugar coma.

5 comments:

My Vintage Treasures said...

Happy Birthday!!! and the french toast sounds YUMMMY =]

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your beautiful girl Jenna. What a great way to start the day...a yummy breakfast.

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

Buon Compleanno Jenna. Have a wonderful dinner with your Mamma. Rita mammabellarte

Amy said...

happy birthday dear jenna:) gosh bud where and when did this happen? where do the years go? I shake my head in disbelief sometime:) sophie loves her! i heart you~xo

Shab-n-Chic said...

Thank you everyone! I heart you too Amy. So...I have to say that the dessert she made was OUT OF THIS WORLD. Yes, it is really sweet, but cut the pieces small and you will enjoy it. The fleur de sel topping makes it!