Monday, April 12, 2010

I Wanted It ALL

I was visiting my favorite thrift store a few weeks back, when I turned the corner and saw this....NOT 1, but 2 dining tables with 10 chairs, 2 chaise lounges, 2 side chairs, a love seat, 2 side tables...my heart went into overdrive.





And then I saw the price. At least they priced things separately, but how in the world could I choose just ONE thing?!! I wanted it all, but I wound up leaving it all. I know..some of you out there who are reading this must think that I fainted and hit my head, but the prices were out of my range. Not that it wasn't worth their asking price! This stuff was HEAVY, the good old iron with the original aqua paint and look at that fruity design! The table with 4 chairs that I really wanted was $350 and there was no glass top. The larger table and 6 chairs had glass and was much higher. If I had a large patio with pool, I would have sold my left kidney to buy it, but I don't, so I just stood there in a trance for what seemed like 30 minutes. The worker offered me a better price but I had to TAKE IT ALL. So instead of taking it all, I took the photos, went home and dreamed about that set. I could not get it out of my mind. Went back the next morning and POOF! It was all gone...just like that, sold to one person. I can just imagine this set on the patio of a 1920's Spanish mansion... I guess it wasn't meant to be for me!

3 comments:

chateau de fleurs said...

Oh my gosh , I can totally relate. It seems over the past 3 years I have gazed upon so many treasures and then talked myself out of them choosing to pay my bills instead. I guess taking a photo and sharing the treasure is almost like owning it for a moment.Thanks for sharing , Christie

Mammabellarte Rita Reade said...

I do the same...love it, think about it too much. I have a feeling you will find another set soon. Ciao rita

Patina said...

Oh, what a sad story Nancy! Been there, done that! And boy is it painful!