Friday, July 4, 2008

Here's a peek!


Jenna's sewing room is pretty much complete so here's a peek at how it's progressed.The large glass top table was a thrift store find for $25. We got a great deal on a dress form off Craig's List that was only used twice by a fashion student. Yes, that's a tiara on her head. :)
The dresser where she displays her hats.




Stop thief! Come back with my chair!!!


Too late...

Let's see...what else can we borrow from Mom for the studio.. Her favorite aqua table, bread box, glass jars, bistro chairs, wire laundry basket..she'll never miss them. Right....

The next purchase will be the biggie. A sewing machine to replace the antique Singer.She is trying to decide between a Janome or Bernina , but wants to keep it under $600. I would love to hear your suggestions so I welcome anyone to leave a comment on their favorite brand of machine. She won't be doing quilting or embroidery, just dressmaking.

3 comments:

Art by Ronda Juniper Ray said...

I love my Elna! My Mom, who is Super Seamstress of the Universe and has DOZENS of machines, love Viking first and Janome second. And I have friends who would give up their husbands and children before they'd give up their Berninas.....How helpful was all this???
:-D

Oh, and what EVERY seamstress MUST have is a vintage Singer Featherweight. I bet she gets around to quilting one day, and you simply MUST have one for that.

Mine was, AHEM HINT HINT, a gift from my Mom. All reconditioned and totally fabulous.

Hope you're having a lovely holiday week!!

Patina said...

I'm jealous! Look at all that space. I love the cutting table. You might not see Jenn for days! I have a Pfaff sewing machine and love it.

Amy said...

Wait did she steal the kitchen table too????? hahahahhahha! I love this room!