Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Goodbye 2008

As the year draws to a close, like many of you, I am hopeful for what the New Year will bring. 2008 was one of the most memorable years of my life. Filled with happy moments, great memories, and a few bumps in the road.

Our daughter graduated HS and landed her first job. So proud of the young lady she has become.



I took a leap of faith and purchased an empty shoppe with 2 friends. We opened on October 18th and I'm happy to report we are doing well.




My father in law passed away in December.

I watched my 401K dwindle until I couldn't bare to look anymore.

Our country witnessed an exciting Presidential race,
and our daughter voted for the very first time.

I was introduced to the world of blogging on Jan 18, 2008.
I've met many new blog buds..love you guys!

I met many courageous women who battled cancer and won.
I also met some who lost, but they will not be forgotten.

This little scruff muffin was waiting on a corner one cold January morn.
He was in my very first blog post. His name is Ivan & we adopted him. :)



Who knew there were big brown eyes lurking under all that mess.
He is forever grateful and never lets a day go by without giving me
my wakeup call, by standing on my chest and trying to sneak a kiss.



Miss Sophie found true love....


Wishing everyone a prosperous and healthy New Year!

4 comments:

The Texas Woman said...

Nice shop! Nice Dogs! Nice Blog! A friend steered me your way. I'll be back.

The Texas Woman

Amy said...

awww that dowgy bed is so cute:) Happy New year...Loved this post of you looking back over your year... xo

TUTU Monkey said...

It was nice to meet you in person today too!! Your store is SO FUN!!
This was a nice post.

Your daughter is lovely.....what a great picture in her cap and gown....congratulations on graduating and a job!!

I look forward to talking with you again soon!! Take care and Happy New Year!!!!

TUTU Monkey said...

Almost forgot....your dogs are just too cute!!