Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Village Theater in Coronado



The Village Theater in Coronado opened it's doors in 1947 and ran movies for 53 years. It is the only movie theater in this small town and has been vacant since the year 2000, so you can imagine the excitement when it was announced that the restoration process is finally moving forward. It is expected to take up to 18 months, but so many have waited this long, that it will be worth the wait!



The facade of the theater will be restored to it's original glory, and the inside will be completely renovated with plans to have a 1940's look and feel.



The entrance


I just love the old ticket booth. Wouldn't it be grand if they handed out vintage Admit One tickets, but I doubt that will happen. I vote for rollback prices at the snack bar... Okay, how about just for opening night or the first week?! :)
I for one, am looking forward to catching a film there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Growing up in Coronado I spent many a day in that movie theatre. Lots of childhood memories. I was sad when they closed their doors but am happy to hear they are restoring the place! I bet their are alot of excited people in Coronado. I vote for roll back pricing at the snack bar as well!

TUTU Monkey said...

I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!