Thursday, August 28, 2008

10 Hours For My Girl

I'm a little sore today after spending 10 hours standing in line and then in front of a stage at a concert last night. The things I will do for my girl. I heard one mother say that she would not even have done that for The Beatles. I just enjoy seeing the smile on her face when she sees one of her favorite bands, and I always feel better about being there with her. She actually wants me to go with her..not the norm with most teens! I have come to the conclusion that it may be time to hang up my concert going days with my dear daughter. I have been going along with her for years, but I think this may be my last one...unless maybe I have seats. :) We saw Radiohead last night, a band from the UK that I am finding many people over the age of 50 do not know. I like them and it's probably because my daughter has played their CDS in the car for the last 5 years. I guess you could say I was brainwashed. They actually put on a great show and they always sell out within minutes of going on sale. Last night's venue held around 20,000 people. Tickets were selling in the hundreds of dollars for the general admission/standing area where we were, but we lucked out and got tickets online the minute they went on sale. Although we didn't take pictures or video, I found a pretty good video on You Tube that was taken a few rows behind where we stood. The light show was pretty amazing too! Tonight is their last show of the US Tour in Santa Barbara and we just found out it will be web cast so we will be watching it I'm sure.

5 comments:

Lady Jane Vintage said...

You ARE a good Mom for doing that! You know though, I clicked on their You Tube thingy and they actually DO sound really good! You know who they remind me of a bit? One of my personal favorite bands - U2! They kinda sound like them "back in the day" - like late 80's...:) Jen

Michele said...

What a good mom! I took my daughter to bands like N Sync, Backstreet Boys, and Spice Girls...yikes! But it's fun being with her! Now she comes with me to my concerts...Kenny Chesney, Keith Urban (I love country)!

Hugz,
Michele

Amy said...

aww bud don't ever stop going to the shows with your girl EVER! I can still remember when she was younger and you going! Been so busy here, only time to read blogs and not comment...what did you end up doing with that awesome baby bed? xoxox

A Wild Thing said...

Awwww, sweet youth and I have heard of them too, just never listened...too over fifty, know what I mean...

sharon

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Ohmygosh! Radiohead is awesome! Lucky lady you were to have gone! Hubby and I are big concert-goers (well, we were at one time). I made the BIG mistake of going to a Ted Nugent (revival) concert when I was 9 months pregnant with my first baby... we had front row seats, too! The NOISE nearly made me explode, the baby was going bonkers in my belly... so I left hubby and waited the concert out with one of the custodians in the back (who was wearing earplugs)! lol That baby, by the way, is now a bass guitar player and the biggest rock fan in our house, and he plays TONS of 70's and 80's rock music (could it have been the influence of a Mr. Ted Nugent)? lol