Thursday, April 9, 2009

There's A Birthday In The House


Our little girl is still our little girl, even though she's turning 19 today. Life has not been easy for her, but I'm so proud of the young lady she has become. She faced the biggest challenge of her life at the age of 8 when she was diagnosed with Diabetes type 1. At first I was angry and thought, why did this happen to us? I knew immediately that we had to cancel that pity party, and just be thankful that she was still with us, we could learn to live with it, and it would make us all stronger because of it. Jenna has had to adjust to a lifelong change, but she has never let that get in her way of enjoying life to it's fullest! I thank God every day for her. Happy Birthday Sweetie.

6 Months Old - Please, no comments on my 80's hair.haha...
1st 3 Wheeler
Dressing Up Vintage
Hanging out with Dad
Going to see No Doubt in concert (Gwen was her IDOL!)

First Dance (8th Grade) She will surely kill me if she sees this picture.


Her favorite local coffee cart. Can you tell she loves it?

Her very first homemade dress. She was so proud!


Emotions were mixed that day, but she was all smiles afterwards.

This was taken fairly recently and it's one of my favorite shots. She's the little baker in the house and was up until 1am icing her birthday cupcakes. Hey, she wanted to make her OWN cupcakes from scratch so I didn't stop her. :) Pictures and recipes to follow this weekend! I did a tiny taste test last night with her...One word. WOW!

11 comments:

Swoon with Deb Hodge said...

Oh Nancy, she's so beautiful!
Happy Birthday to your little Doll!
XOXO deb

Anonymous said...

What great memories and pictures of
your brave, beautiful, talented
daughter. Mom & dad don't look so
bad either!
Happy Birthday Jenna - May the
year ahead be a great one!

A Wild Thing said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNA...from Iowa...you know, where Norby lives...Ha!

She surely will get you for the clown shot...ha..ha...too cute. My daughter would kill me if I posted some of my faves, it's a Mom thing you know. Piper has had asthma and allergies since she was a year old, so I've had to deal with that nightmare and we're still dealing with it, but she is much better.

Gotta get busy on my body-part wind chimes...what a great idea! I rather like the sound of clunk, clunk, sorta like bamboo chimes...you are a sick woman Nancy...I like that in a person!!!

Tanks for the idea...

The Nut

Elephant Steps said...

Oh I loved seeing all those photos!! Can I just say she has grown up to be a real beauty!! She is stunning in the coffee pic and graduation pic!!
I also love the No Doubt photo because I went through that phase too but I was like 18 or something. Hahaha. Gwen is a kick ass women!!

Happy Birthday to your girl!! :)

Allidink said...

Hi I just found your blog! That coffee cart looks familiar...is it the one at UCSD? I go there too! LOL I enjoy your blog!

All the best,
Allison

Lisa Johnson said...

Happy Birthday to your lovely girl!

Lisa

Diane Mars said...

What wonderful photos, and please do tell her she is a beautiful girl! Just darling. Happy Birthday, and congratulations Mom.
Hugs, Diane

Shab-n-Chic said...

Thanks to all who commented! We just had the birthday cupcakes and played a game of Scrabble. Jenna won..of course!

Amy said...

awww bud! that quite a girl you and tom have there! Happy Birthday Jenna! xo

Cherry Hill Cottage~ said...

A precious, darling daughter! A one-of-a-kind!! She is BEAUTIFUL!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNA!

Tina~ Cherry Hill Cottage

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

A very happy belated birthday to your sweet young lady! I remember some of those photos from your ebay ME page years ago... my where does the time go???? What a beautiful daughter you have!