Sunday, May 24, 2009

You Know It's A Holiday Weekend...


when the Silver Strand State Beach lot is filled to capacity with RV's, and you see 20 plus kite surfers riding the waves. As I made my way to work along the coast highway, I see row after row of flags waving proudly above the RVS, people relaxing under their awnings and sun worshipers.



This is my view to the left as I am on coast highway to the shoppe. I see the One Way sign to my left but do I have to? That ocean looks pretty tempting :(

It's a time for picnics, barbecues and family gatherings. Enjoy your day but take time to remember them. On this Memorial Day, I am thankful for the men and women who have served our country with great honor. Let us not forget our fallen soldiers.


Flags along Orange Avenue in Coronado.

1 comment:

Cape Cod Rambling Rose said...

Oh gawd, what I wouldn't do for a PALM TREE in my yard! That's one major thing I miss about being here in New England... the palm trees! I LOVE PALM TREES! lol