Friday, January 9, 2009

Ho Hum.....we made the Forbes List

I was listening to the radio a few days ago and they were discussing the Forbes 10 Most Boring (or ignored) American Cities List. So as I listened, I thought I would play along and try to guess a few myself. I only got one right, Bakersfield, Ca. The countdown ended with the NUMBER ONE most boring city...who would it be I thought, as the DJ said " and the number 1 most boring city in America is....Chula Vista. Huh? Hey, wait a minute buddy. I was born and raised in Chula Vista. Well, technically I now live in the city of San Diego, but Chula Vista is a mile north from my house, so close enough.

It got me thinking...maybe I do live in a boring city, but I never gave it a second thought until I heard we made the list. I was born and raised here, but it's home to me. Whenever I travel to LA or San Francisco, I enjoy those cities for what they are, but it's always nice to come home to my little town. It has everything I need, even if it doesn't make the headlines.

So, if anyone is interested in knowing the other cities no the list, here ya go. :)
Let me know if you made the list, and your thoughts.

Chula Vista, Calif. Population: 217,478
Hialeah, Fla.: 212,217
Mesa, Ariz.: 452,933
North Las Vegas, Nev.: 212,114
Chandler, Ariz.: 246,399
Santa Ana, Calif.: 339,555
Bakersfield, Calif.: 315,837
Aurora, Colo.: 311,794
Gilbert, Ariz.: 207,550
Henderson, Nev.: 249,386

1 comment:

Amy said...

was it just the most boring cities out west?! na don't agree with a couple they listed...who decides this stuff anyway?