Sunday, January 11, 2009

Jeweled Picture Frames

It was a gorgeous Saturday and I should have been out enjoying the weather. Instead, I decided to embellish some frames that I have had sitting in my craft drawer. I have been wanting to make another jeweled frame for awhile now, and that's just what I did, only I went a little crazy and made two. :)




(You may click to enlarge photos)
I have made a few of these frames over the last year, but I have not kept even ONE for myself. As I finished the first two today, I thought of keeping one, but I can't seem to decide which one I like more. Guess I will have to live with them for a few days to see which on grows on me. You will most likely see one, or maybe both on my web site any day now.
*EDIT* I decided to let them both go and they are on their way to their new homes. A huge thank you to the buyer! I hope to make a few more before Valentine's Day and will post them here before they go up for sale.

Created with vintage broken beauties, sometimes missing a stone, but still beautiful. The first one pictured above took me longer to design, than to attach the jewelry.
I just couldn't decide what pieces to use, but I knew I wanted the crown at the top. I always love using a little birdie, a crown , heart or something unique.

Here are a few others from my past collections....each one unique, made with love and now living in their new homes.






8 comments:

Diane Mars said...

Wow you sure got a lot done in 1 day! Beautiful Work

Cottage Way of Life said...

Ooh, how ever are you going to choose???

I think I'd probably keep the rectangular one, if for no other reason than that it looks like it's topped with a crown (I'm partial to crowns) ... but both frames are equally lovely.

Unknown said...

They are both gorgeous......it would be so hard to decide. I bought the black and gold one and absolutely love it!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Nancy!! You embellish things so well!!! you just have a knack!!

ox,
Joy~

Amy said...

You are the queen at embellishing! frames clocks and all of that...no one does it better:) xo

Anonymous said...

Very pretty...very creative!

Patina said...

Nancy, you do such a nice job on your picture frames! Very pretty!

Shab-n-Chic said...

THANKS everyone! It really isn't that hard to do..try it..you may be surprised! :) I think the key is finding jewelry pieces that go well together, and the frame shape. Just be sure you lay out your design on the frame the way you want it, before you start gluing!

-Nancy