Friday, May 2, 2008

$325 or $1.69...A No-Brainer

I'm a bit embarrassed to blog about this , but what the heck!



I've been on a cleaning rampage the last two days, specifically my tile floor that runs from the entry door down the hallway and the entire kitchen. It's about 200 square feet or so. The grout was so dark..okay, it was dirty. Using a wet mop weekly was not cutting it anymore! I had an estimate handed to me on Thursday morning for a professional to steam clean the grout. After seeing it in black and white, $325.00...I decided it was time to get the bucket, scrub brush and do it myself. I got started on it within 15 minutes of seeing that estimate and spent nearly 3 hours on Thursday morning...



And 2 hours on Friday , and I AM DONE! Nothing personal, but I don't want to be your friend anymore Mr.Barkeeper. You did do a wonderful job at getting the grout back to it's original color...and it only took one can for $1.69. It's like a brand new floor, but I'm so tired of the tile color...I have lived with it since the 80's! Now it's hubby's turn to seal the grout, so it will hopefully stay nice and bright. I am not cooking tonight. Heck, I may take the entire weekend off.

4 comments:

Donna Lynn said...

Bless your heart! I have done this before...not that big of a floor, but it is a huge undertaking! It looks great, and your doggies are wonderful to look at too! I am such a huge dog lover, but you probably already knew that! :)
Hope you are having a relaxing weekend after all of your hard work, you deserve it!
Hugs, Donna Lynn

Amy said...

ahhh bud! I did that to the tile in the cabin...a toothbrush and bleach:( a little at a time but boy when it is done WOW a difference can be seen for sure! dragging furniture around today...Katie got a new place so we've been putting it all together over there for her, new couch chair and tv.....I'm pooped but am on my way back over there to help hang some curtains....she is excited to be in her own place with the girls;) xo

Cape Cod Washashore said...

What a task you took on! With fabulous results (the pups' approval is sweet)! I wouldn't pay all that much for my floor to be clean either! Hubby's installing all new windows in our house, and putting up new siding, and a new roof (all by himself, while he still has his fulltime job - ahhhh!). It's going to take probably half a year, but all the money we will save is most definitely worth it (and thank goodness he was a carpenter before his current job)!!!

Anonymous said...

aghhhhh we spent 2 week ends doing that a few years back.... like you I thought it made a huge difference... but I was sick of that tile!