Friday, June 13, 2008

Follow Your Bliss



Last night we watched our daughter walk down the path to receive her high school diploma. Our little girl...graduating. It didn't seem that long ago that we watched her graduate from 6th grade. I felt old, but so proud!


She has impressed me with her strength, creativity and independence.
We have so many memories through the years. Her passion for crafting & sewing. Completing her first dress without assistance from anyone.I remember her first knitted scarf. I loved the fact that it wasn't perfect and I wore it proudly. The day she learned to ride a bike with her Dad. Her first swimming lesson, and the day the doctor told us,"your daughter has diabetes."

As she left school for the last time, I could sense she was having a difficult time saying her goodbyes. I saw a different side to our daughter. Was this the same girl who just last week, was dying to get out of school?!! So many friends heading off to college. So many friends that she would probably never see again. Well, at least there is Facebook and Video Chat. Sharing a chocolate cigar with her best friend David. It doesn't get any better than this!


This blog would not be complete with sharing a picture taken with her favorite AP History teacher, Mr. Tanaka. She enjoyed his class so much, that she was his TA for her senior year. She was thrilled to have a picture taken with him right before we left. They are performing what is known as a "wolf pack point" I was never really clear on when exactly someone deserved a wolf pack point, but he apparently displayed this move in class to only a select few. :)

When you follow your bliss... doors will open where you would not have thought there would be doors, and where there wouldn't be a door for anyone else. -Joseph Campbell

5 comments:

Amy said...

ahhh isn't if lovely? I bet lots of tears of joy were shed...graduation nights are such happy emotional nights...laughing through tears and the PRIDE ugh I get a lump in my throat just thinking about it:) Good Job Jenn! SAIL ON! Great pictures puffy! and good job on the parenting thing...you and Tom have made a fine adult here..I look forward to watching this next phase in her life unfold! xoxoxo to you all!

Art by Ronda Juniper Ray said...

What a sweet post and loving tribute to your daughter! I have a lump in my throat just reading it.

Hope your parties this weekend are fabulous and fun!

Cape Cod Washashore said...

How beautiful, Nanc! Your daughter has become a lovely young woman who I can tell has made her parents very proud!

Anonymous said...

I met Jenna when she was barely 16. Even then I could see that this young lady marched to the beat of a different drum, her own. I am constantly amazed by her talent and maturity. Good job Mom and Dad!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you must be so proud! She really is a gorgeous girl!