Thursday, June 5, 2008

A Happy New Do

I can really be a dork some days, and today was no exception. I tried to take a pic of my new do, but decided to spare you all of a face without makeup. I couldn't find a flower, so I used my mad paint shop pro 7 skillz.

You see, I went to the house of beauty today because I had about an inch of gray hair coming in that had to go. I didn't want to be mistaken for Jenn's grandmother at next weeks graduation. So as I am getting my hair colored, I was making small talk with my new stylist,Isacc. I asked him if he ever watched Shear Genius on Bravo. He went on to tell me that he was actually chosen to be on that show for Episode 1. It was between him and Ben Mollin...who could pass for his twin! I looked at him like he was crazy and said.."so you didn't want to take a shot at winning $100,000? Are you nuts?!!" At the time, he was working at a salon in Beverly Hills and the Bay area, and he didn't feel that it could have worked out for him. We talked a bit about the show, and how much he actually looked like Ben Mollin. He said that the producer was looking for someone who was bald with tattoos, and they both fit the bill! So to make long story even longer, I'm glad that he didn't accept their offer to be on the show, because I might not have been so happy with my new hair today. Thanks Isaac!

7 comments:

Amy said...

hahahahahha! oh man I'm laughing over that face! oh the haircut is really cute bud. and cool story about your hairdresser too!

hey what are the chances I would find another dolly kitchen stepback cupboard like the last one?? I'm listing one in the shop.almost identical to the last one I listed...xo

Cape Cod Washashore said...

You know, I always sit at my hairdressers' and think, "oh those lucky ladies who can get their hair done in all those fancy California salons, and I'm stuck here in no man's land getting my hair done!" AND LOOK! You're one of those lucky ones, getting her hair done in one of those fancy California salons!!!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE your hair!!!

paris parfait said...

A great story and a wonderful hairdo!

Patina said...

You are so funny! I just had a picture taken with someone this week-end and I want to blog about it. She turned out great! I wonder if I can copy and paste over my picture! Hmm..... I hope your daughter is doing real good and having a great time. Some days it's pretty tough being a mom. (O:

redthread said...

Your hair story just made me giggle! Dont we all just love getting older and grey?!?!

Art by Ronda Juniper Ray said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the shorter do! Your stylist is a real keeper!