Saturday, June 28, 2008

Work in Progress

Grandma gave in...the carpet came out Friday and the floors look great. We'll clean off the glue down the center of the floor on Saturday and then we'll begin moving things in. She already knows where the cutting table and sewing machine will be set up. We are going to make a trip to Architectural Salvage in the morning to see if we can find a special ceiling shade in her favorite blue. She's really excited and I told her I might just arm wrestle her for the room. I could really use a room of my own!
The room has 2 small closets and she wants to turn one into a dressing room.


Bye Bye Carpet!


She will have her sewing table in front of this window which faces east.

I was born in the old gray house you see in the distance, but we moved when I was a year old so I have no recollection of ever living there. It's a great house but it needs a lot of restoration. I imagine it would be much like the movie The Money Pit.I'll be sure to add photos as things progress. We should be finished by Sunday. :)

2 comments:

Cape Cod Washashore said...

Lucky young lady she is! You ladies must be having so much fun!

Art by Ronda Juniper Ray said...

Can't wait to see your progress photos. And your Grandma is so blessed to have morning light to sew by!