Thursday, June 26, 2008

A New Pond


No...my husband isn't digging my grave, although that's been the running joke this past week.


It was midnight and Thom was pondering as he sat on the ledge. Hee hee...

I had to run for the camera..what a Kodak moment.
He's making a new home for our Koi who are currently living in a much smaller one. When we got them they were so small, but now they are over a foot long so it's time for a new home. This will be about 3 times the size of what they had. He's been digging this all by hand and works well into the night with a huge spotlight. I'll be sure to post the completed pond but it may be a week or two. Or three. The old rusted water pipe you see was a surprise, and will have to be cut out. FUN!

3 comments:

A Wild Thing said...

When I had tennants in my house they put in a large(15x20)fish pond and I added Koi and plants, when they moved out, they took the liner, plants and my fish, I got the water (somewhere)...LOSERS...no more tennants. Some day I'll have another to dream by.
sharon

Art by Ronda Juniper Ray said...

Great shot of your hubby! Your yard is divine. It is good to be in California!

Anonymous said...

Wow! What an undertaking!! (looks like he's praying lol)